You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 267th week of the war, 149th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Pacific, Western front, Eastern front, Italy, China, the Philippines Maps: Germany, the Philippines, Italy. Back: Large map of the United States and adjoining portions of Canada and Mexico. Includes inset map of naval districts beyond the continental United States, population of the states, sixteenth census, 1940.
- Newsmap. Monday, June 8, 1942 : week of May 29 to June 5
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Cologne and Essen flattened -- Tiny subs find Sydney ready -- the Japanese "save face" -- Army of 4 1/2 million for '42 -- Mexico welcomed into war -- Rommel's forces turned -- Hitler's hangman dies -- Poison gas used in China -- Armies shift in Russia. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show Libyan battle, Dutch Harbor, Axis drives and British attacks at Libyan; Unalaska Is.; Unalaska Bay. Includes photographs: Producing the big seacoast rifles; Red gound defense on the Russian front; Nazis' Focke-Wulf 190 fighter; Yanks saw a motor show put on by Aussies; 4-motored Stirling bombers used over Cologne. Back: Enemy Tanks Are Vulnerable. Includes 10 photographs with descriptive text below each.
- Newsmap. Monday, May 25, 1942 : week of May 15 to May 22
- Front : Text describes action on various war fronts: Axis hunts Shangri La -- Shadow on Australia -- New threat to China -- Gandhi still passive -- More Yanks in Ireland -- U.S. gets Panama bases -- Spain would trade -- Island volcano erupts -- Axis people grumble -- Axis battles Chetniks -- Air travel curtailed -- Prinz Eugen torpedoes -- Attack on Kharkov -- Vichy downs RAF planes -- Africa drive hinted -- Malta counts bombings. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show the Burma Road and a map of a portion of Europe overlaying a map of the United States. U.S. cities are shown in italics, European cities in capitals. Includes photographs: Doolittle did much -- North American B-25 -- Gandhi opposes [scorched earth policy] -- School of 'tin fish' ready for their deadly work -- Shell casings stacked in Moscow factory -- Rommel might move -- Catalinas from America keep an eye on the Mediterranean -- RAF salvages wrecked planes from desert. Includes 1 cartoon. Back: Know Your Enemies: the Nazi Army. Includes photographs: Supporting Fire, Howitzer in Action, Moving Up, Mountain Troops, Tank Destroyer, Anti-Aircraft Alert, No. 2 Man, Quick Crossing, Battle Practice, Flame Thrower, Mopping Up. Inset has text details for each photograph.
- World Survey of Tantalum Ore
- Report issued by the U.S. Bureau of Mines discussing the occurrences of tantalum in different areas of the world. The tantalum deposits are described in reference to each individual country that it is found in. This report includes maps, tables, and illustrations.