You limited your search to:
- The G-20 and International Economic Cooperation: Background and Implications for Congress
- This report discusses the background of the G-20 (an international forum for discussing and coordinating economic policies) and some of the issues that it has addressed. It includes historic background on the work of the G-20, information about how the group operates, overviews of G-20 summits, major issues that the group is likely to address and the likely effectiveness of the G-20 in the near future. The members of the G-20 include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Union.
- Newsmap. Monday, June 8, 1942 : week of May 29 to June 5
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Cologne and Essen flattened -- Tiny subs find Sydney ready -- the Japanese "save face" -- Army of 4 1/2 million for '42 -- Mexico welcomed into war -- Rommel's forces turned -- Hitler's hangman dies -- Poison gas used in China -- Armies shift in Russia. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show Libyan battle, Dutch Harbor, Axis drives and British attacks at Libyan; Unalaska Is.; Unalaska Bay. Includes photographs: Producing the big seacoast rifles; Red gound defense on the Russian front; Nazis' Focke-Wulf 190 fighter; Yanks saw a motor show put on by Aussies; 4-motored Stirling bombers used over Cologne. Back: Enemy Tanks Are Vulnerable. Includes 10 photographs with descriptive text below each.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Central Pacific, Southwest Pacific, Air war, Burma, USSR. Maps show air attacks from London to various sites in Germany; New Ireland; south Pacific; Truk Is. Includes photographs: "Island forts", Marine corps set up radio telephone sets at Roi Island, Leathernecks set up machine guns immediately upon landing, All-Negro Ninety-Ninth Fighter Squadron at Anzio, German prisoners disembark from an LST to a prison camp, wounded female Jugoslav guerillas arrive in Malta, General Sir Harold Alexander chats with Yank rangers near Cisterno. Back: Text states "In Mein Kampf, Hitler stated that his plan was to destroy France first, then England, after which he would have the United States cornered without a fight!."
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 264th week of the war, 146th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France, Eastern front, China, Pacific, Italy. Maps: Eastern Europe; France; China front; Gulf of Genoa. Back: "If each of us wastes a pound of war material..." Text and illustration show that it isn't just money, materials or manpower that are lost. But, waste can lose battles and cost lives.