You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Central Pacific, Southwest Pacific, Air war, Burma, USSR. Maps show air attacks from London to various sites in Germany; New Ireland; south Pacific; Truk Is. Includes photographs: "Island forts", Marine corps set up radio telephone sets at Roi Island, Leathernecks set up machine guns immediately upon landing, All-Negro Ninety-Ninth Fighter Squadron at Anzio, German prisoners disembark from an LST to a prison camp, wounded female Jugoslav guerillas arrive in Malta, General Sir Harold Alexander chats with Yank rangers near Cisterno. Back: Text states "In Mein Kampf, Hitler stated that his plan was to destroy France first, then England, after which he would have the United States cornered without a fight!."
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 264th week of the war, 146th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France, Eastern front, China, Pacific, Italy. Maps: Eastern Europe; France; China front; Gulf of Genoa. Back: "If each of us wastes a pound of war material..." Text and illustration show that it isn't just money, materials or manpower that are lost. But, waste can lose battles and cost lives.
- Newsmap for the Armed Forces : U.S. role in world affairs
- Text describes U.S. role in world affairs and is keyed to map. Map projection is "designed to minimize distortions along the 40th parallel which runs approximately through Tokyo and Washington."
- Newsmap. Monday, May 11, 1942 : week of May 1 to May 8
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Navy announces victory -- End for Corregidor -- Rationing moves closer -- Japs push into China -- Marblehead limps in -- Stark for new fronts -- Iceland has its first air fight -- Army of 6,000,000 -- Launch four destroyers -- Anti-Axis move in Spain -- Army camps inspected -- Germans strike convoy -- Malta downs 154 planes -- Madagascar tip seized -- U.S. aids Middle East -- Nazi drive predicted -- RAF attacks roar on. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps: Corregidor -- Madagascar. Includes photographs: Lt. Gen. Wainwright -- Maj. Gen. Brereton -- Navy raid on Marshall Islands in February -- Under Sec. Patterson -- Kearney destroyer -- Bombs being readied for planes -- Four-engined bomber flying somewhere in Europe -- Cavalry regiment changes mounts to speedy steel.