You limited your search to:
- Cape made from an antique Japanese obi brocade of red, gold, orange, browns, etc. on a cream ground. Embroidery is of cranes, mums, and other flowers. The cape is mid-length, with one button and loop at neck and with "tie" of same material as an extension of standing collar. Center front opening. Box pleats at sides. Sleeveless, with flap-covered slits at center front sides for arms. Lined in ecru silk with inside slit pocket at left. Label: "Kobayashi / Made in Tokyo Japan"
- Dress of black silk chiffon with large, painterly, abstract designs of red, gold, light gray, blue, and purple in a swirly teardrop shape throughout over black silk. Three-quarter length sleeves with flutter ruffle along top seam. Round scoop neckline. Sheath-like silhouette; ankle-length. Center-back, self-chiffon covered button closure. Designer's label at back neckline: "Hanae Mori / Boutique" Care / size tag attached to base of designer's label. Labels suggest made for USA market. Accompanied by a barrette of black grosgrain ribbon carnation with tiny ribbon accents of red, turquoise, and purple satin that was worn with dress.
- Dress of bright green chiffon printed with multi-color shapes and with all-over scattered sequins and beading. The full-length A-line sheath has a round neckline with beaded band trim at neckline. The long sleeves have five non-functioning beaded buttons at wrist, and five hidden snap closures from wrist. The dress has an attached underdress of matte silk printed with same design as the overdress. The garment is fully lined with cream silk which has woven into it a repeated pattern of Hanae Mori's name. The underdress has a zipper closure at center back from neckline to above waist. The overdress has a series of hidden snaps to conceal the zipper, and a line of eight beaded buttons matching those on the sleeves, also non-functional. A single hook-and-loop closure at neck secures the top of the garment. The printed design includes circles, flowers, and fluid lines and triangles in shades of pink, yellow, blue, orange, and violet. The sequins are clear, and are secured with tiny colored beads, the colors of which match the color of the dress they are sewn over. Sewn inside dress at back at left of zipper is designer label: "[Japanese characters] / Hanae Mori"
- Dress in modified caftan style of navy blue silk and silk chiffon with butterfly print. Full length. Sleeveless silk under dress has matching butterfly pattern. Over dress of chiffon has long set-in sleeve on right and draped opening on left creating a toga-like effect. Hemline and draped sleeve bordered in 4" band of light aqua blue organza with under band of hot pink organza. Scooped back has center opening of 10 faux self-covered buttons and loops with closure of 5 covered snaps. Lined in navy jacquard rayon with "Hanae Mori" print. Designer's label at inside back to left of zipper: "(Japanese characters) / Hanae Mori"
- Dress of violet, pink, blue and grey silk chiffon printed in a rose motif. Full-length, with rounded neckline and full-length sleeves that flare and are split at wrist. Skirt gathered at natural waist. Skirt with middle layer of dark pink chiffon, and inner lining layer of pink nylon(?). Center back opening, bodice with 7 button and loops and 8 covered snaps, and one hook-and-eye at neck. Skirt with 2 covered snaps on outer layer, zipper for attached inner layers, and hook-and-loop just below waistband. Designer's label at inside back, just below waist: "[Japanese characters] / Hanae Mori" Retailer's label at inside back, below waist: "Neiman-Marcus" Size label attached to designer's label: "12" With a chiffon scarf, of fabric matching outer layer of dress.
- Ensemble - Japanese Traditional Ensemble
- Complete "Geisha" traditional Japanese women's ensemble, of the Kyoto style. The complete ensemble includes various under garments and accessories not seen in images, as well as primary components: Kimono - Salmon colored polyester outer garment with woven geometric design ground decorated with cherry blossoms, mums, and other flowers. Applique of flowers across back of neck/right shoulders. Hand sewn, this is a "Spring" kimono.; Obi of white, silver, and orange brocade; Sash of pink and white shibori; Obi Jimi braided orange cord belt to tie around obi; Tabi socks; Geta sandals (not in images); Fan, and traditional wig, embellished with artificial flowers.
- Evening Dress
- Evening Dress in a layered green floral print silk with white chrysanthemums and pink peonies. Dress consists of: A) Over dress of silk chiffon. Full length. Elbow length, set-in sleeves with tied hems. Center front opening with collarless, piped neckline which closes with two covered snaps. Wide box pleat down center back. Size "8" tag at center back neckline. B) Under dress in slip style of matching silk. V-shaped neckline with 3/8" strapped shoulders that form a crisscross in back and secures in front with snaps. Center back zipper closure with hook & eye. Slits at side seams are 20" long. Lined in green rayon. Designer's label at center back zipper: "(Japanese symbols) / Hanae Mori" Size "8" tag at base of designer's label. Retailer's tag above designer's label: "Neiman-Marcus" Care/content label at center back neckline.
- Evening Gown
- Black and white printed silk chiffon evening gown with belt and scarf. A) Dress: formal evening gown in black on white. op-art printed silk chiffon with a predominant bullseye motif. Empire bodice with moderate front scooped neckline and plunging back scooped neckline. Full-length. set-in. flared chiffon sleeves. The bodice is heavily embroidered with black and white bugle beads repeating the bullseye motif. Centerback zipper closure from mid-back to hipline. Empire waistseam with semi-fitted. full-length. black on white. op-art printed. heavy silk underskirt with gathered. printed "bullseye" chiffon overskirt. The bodice is lined in white rayon faille. The skirt is lined in white rayon with the logo "Mori Hanea" woven into the fabric. Turned and bound hem. Designer's label sewn inside at back: "[Japanese characters] / Hanae Mori" Retailer's label at inside back: "Neiman-Marcus" Manufacturer label at inside back: "RN 35995 / Out Cloth Silk 100% / Lining Rayon 100% / Made in Japan / Dry Cleaning only" B) Belt: matching black on white printed silk chiffon belt. Black leather backing. Square. covered. functional buckle. Tension closure. C) Scarf: Matching black on white printed silk chiffon scarf. Long rectangular scarf with rolled hem. One side has a torn and missing portion.
- Evening Gown
- Evening gown of black and white printed silk chiffon with belt and scarf. A) Evening gown in black on white, op-art printed silk chiffon with a predominant concentric circle motif. Empire bodice with moderate front scooped neckline and plunging back scooped neckline. Full-length, set-in, flared chiffon sleeves. The bodice is heavily beaded with black and white bugle beads repeating the circle motif. Center back zipper closure from mid-back to hip line. Semi-fitted, full-length, black on white op-art printed, heavy silk underskirt with gathered, printed concentric circle chiffon overskirt. The bodice is lined in white rayon faille. The skirt is lined in white jacquard rayon with the logo "Mori Hanea" woven into the fabric. Turned and bound hem. Designer's label sewn inside at back: "[Japanese characters] / Hanae Mori" Retailer's label at inside back: "Neiman-Marcus" Manufacturer label at inside back: "RN 35995 / Out Cloth Silk 100% / Lining Rayon 100% / Made in Japan / Dry Cleaning only" B) Belt covered in matching black on white printed silk chiffon. Black leather backing. Square, covered, functional buckle. Tension closure. C) Scarf: Matching black on white printed silk chiffon scarf. Long rectangular scarf with rolled hem.
- Hat of natural straw. The conical hat has a rounded top, and a "waist" part way down where the curve of the hat changes. The entire hat is overlaid with bands of colored raffia (blue; white; yellow; orange; dark blue; purple; and green) extending from the top of the crown to the brim. From the top of the hat extends a tassel/streamers of the same strands of raffia. Unlined, with white inner hatband, and a white string attached to help secure hat to wearer's head. Label attached to back of crown: "Made in Japan" Written on inner headband in blue marker: "77 [illeg]"
- Imperial Hotel
Access: Use of this item is restricted to the UNT Community.
The facade of the hotel faces a pool of water.
- Imperial Hotel, Tokyo, Japan
Access: Use of this item is restricted to the UNT Community.
The facade is in a horizontal orientation and broken with vertical windows and chimneys.
- Varsity style jacket with front of mustard colored wool felt. Knit male kabuki style face on back. Center front zippered opening with snap at neckline. Wide rolled collar of black corduroy has 5 snaps. Left black corduroy and right red corduroy sleeves are zippered and detachable; cuffs have snap closure. Black corduroy waistband closes with 2 snaps. Two angled pockets at hips and patch pocket at left front with embroidered patch of male kabuki style face. Lined in yellow quilted polyester. Designer's label at center back neckline: "Yamamoto / Kansai"
- Kimono of burgundy red silk with printed all-over design of large butterflies in creams, tans, blues, etc. Lined in orange crepe silk. Padded hem. Hand-sewn.
- Kimono of purple silk printed with designs of flowers, birds and butterflies in purples, blues, tans, reds, etc. Detailing in gold embroidery. With five white "mon" designs similar to a "yin-yang" shape of matched commas. Partly lined in red silk.
- Shirt of red rayon, designed as a kimono. Black band at front opening and around neckline, with white Japanese characters printed on upper section at front. The kimono has a scene of a procession by children in traditional Japanese clothing, one on horseback. At upper back is a circular printed Mon in blue and white of a trefoil leaf form. Unlined. May be a child's kimono rather than a youth's shirt.
- Child's shirt of pink rayon. Designed as a kimono, the shirt has a black band at center front opening which continues along neckline. The body of the garment is printed with multi-colored views of Japanese temples and landscapes. Maker's label inside: "Crown / Made in Japan" Size label: "M / Made in / " [cut off] This may be a child's kimono for the tourist market, rather than a youth's shirt.
- Shirt of red jacquard. Chinese style with mandarin collar, kimono sleeves, and four black and gold frogs to close the front. Top frog closes collar. Sleeves accented with thin black piping approximately one inch from hem. Embroidered dragon of black, white, and grey on right torso. One square pocket of same fabric with black accent fabric at top on bottom right torso. Label: SIZE / (logo with circle enclosing torii) / NO. / RN -- 24370 / MADE IN JAPAN (fraying at bottom)
- Shoes - Japanese Traditional Ensemble
- Pair of Geta. The sandals are straight last, with thick white plastic soles, having horizontal bands of orange in two shades. Orange and white straps to fit between toe and back to sides of foot.
- Skirt Suit
- Skirt suit of red wool printed with black and gray floral designs in vertical stripes. A) Jacket. Quilted jacket with slight shawl collar, long sleeves, center front opening with two large circular red plastic buttons. Collar, opening, hem, and sleeves with black edging. Lined in dark red rayon. Designer's label: "Hanae Mori / Tokyo, New York" Retailer's label: "Neiman-Marcus" Content/Care label: "Out Cloth: 100% Wool / Lining: 100% Rayon / Size 10 / Made in Japan / Dry Cleaning Only" B) Skirt of matching print fabric. Not quilted, the street-length skirt has a narrow waistband with hook-and-eye at center back and zipper below. Lined in same dark red rayon. Care/Content label, partly in Japanese, partly in international pictorial symbols.
- Wedding Kimono
- Woman's uchikake kimono of off-white damask silk with background pattern of stylized cranes in diamond frames. The full-length kimono has long sleeves, and is embellished with gold and silver couched embroidery throughout of large leaf forms on upper part of garment, and of geometric shapes on lower part. The kimono has a rolled and padded hem, which reveals the red silk lining.