You limited your search to:
- Bringing Global and Multicultural Considerations into the Counseling Curriculum
- This poster describes the effectiveness of a peer co-constructed project involving multiple interviews. The interview data is compared, contrasted, and the similarities and differences are accounted for through the lens of lifespan development. Pre-service, graduate-level counselors-in-training focus on human development across the lifespan to increase both multicultural competence and cross-cultural communication.
- [Review] Higher Ground: Ethics and Leadership in the Modern University
- This book review discusses 'Higher Ground: Ethics and Leadership in the Modern University' by Nannerl O. Keohane in 2006. The book is a collection of essays, speeches, and thoughts representing twenty years of writing by this former president of Wellesley College and Duke University.
- Tidal Wave II, Community Colleges, and Student Financial Aid
- In the early 1990s, Clark Kerr and others predicted "Tidal Wave II"-a bulge of graduates from America's high schools wanting access to higher education. The bulge was to start around 1998 and last until about 2010. This paper examines the impact of Tidal Wave II on public community colleges for the five-year period 2000-2001 to 2005-2006, through the use of National Center for Education Statistics data sets for enrollment and student financial aid. Data are then analyzed by the 2005 Basic Classifications of Associate's Colleges from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. A detailed picture of the impact of Tidal Wave II enrollments on different institutional types of two year colleges (rural, suburban, urban, and other), and by type of financial aid awarded is presented.
- Women Balancing Biology and Opportunity in the 21st Century
- This presentation is part of the faculty lecture series UNT Speaks Out on Women in the 21st Century. This presentation discusses the emotional health of women and explores balancing the biology of women in with all of the changes in the 21st century.