You limited your search to:
- Survey of Bookkeeping Systems Being Used in Sixty-Six Retail and Eight Wholesale Businesses of Denton, Texas, with Recommendations for Improvements
This study aim to determine the bookkeeping systems in use in the retail and wholesale businesses in Denton, Texas, and to determine what improvements could be made in the bookkeeping systems of these businesses. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29880/
- How Practical Arts Education has Functioned in Mexico D. F.
The aim of this study was to present a condensed and authentic report of what Mexico has done toward a practical education of the nation. It is also the aim of this study to show the development, the status, and the functioning of the Federal District. The study point out the relation and the needs of this type of education to the social and economic welfare and progress of the Mexican people. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29881/
- The Treatment of Nature in the Poetry of Sidney Lanier
This thesis attempts to study the sensuous impresions of nature on Lanier and the method uses in telling how those impresions are made. The study try to present the relation of nature and Lanier.
- Student Aid in the Secondary Schools of Texas
The purpose of this study is to examine student aid in Texas from the standpoint of history, types, sources, and adminstration in order to see whether the movement possibly
represents any significant trend or tendencies in the privileges of secondary education in Texas.
- Educational Bases and Curricula of the Public Schools of Mexico
In this exposition, the writer has attempted to give a clear idea of the origin, organization, and curricua of the three types of schools of the Mexican public educational system. The information was gathered from first-hand knowledge, from careful study and analysis or publications of the department of Education, visits to schools, Interviews with school pen, and from various earler works on the subject of Mexican education. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29887/
- The Relations Between the United States and Honduras, 1825-1933
This study attempts to assess inter-American relationships with particular emphasis on the relations between the United States and Honduras. The study provided detailed data (maps, tables, and figures) that depicted distrubution of trade between the two countries and investments of United States in Hundrashe from 1825 to 1933. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29855/
- Some phases of English Life as Revealed in Jonson's Early Comedies
This thesis aimed to present Johnson's wide knowledge of his own age and to discuss his minute observation of contemporary life in England and to show the satirical and realistic means of detached castigation with which he mirrored his conclusions.
- Bacterial Survey of Representative Denton County Wells with Special Reference to Sanitation
This thesis aimed to study the seventy-two representative wells of Denton County and to determine the possibilities of infection with typhoid organism. The sanitary survey and the test for Colon-Aerogenes bacteria show that 55% of the 72 wells studied are unsanitary, 27% are sanitary, and 18% are doubtful.
- Evidences of the Need of Speech Training for School Administrators
This thesis tabulated five hundred and twenty correct criteria checking points. Based on the analysis of rating scale, the data show that the fourty adminstrators (subjects) made an average of 3724 speches a year (about 93 per school adminstrator), and the findings presented some evidences of the need of speech training for school administrators. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29857/
- To Determine some Educational Factors Associated with the Growth and Development of Physical Education in the Senior Colleges of Texas
This thesis aimed to determine how and why physical education made its apperance and has developed in in the senior colleges of Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29850/
- The Status of the Rural School Child in the City High School
The purpose of this study is to see whether the shifting of great numbers of agricultural folk to the city high school really creates a serious problem for the adminstrators and teachers of the city high schools. The records of the 477 rural transfers of the tenth and eleventh grades of these six high schools were investigated.
- Social Ideas in the Dramas of Gregorio Martinez Sierra
This thesis illustrated Gregorio Martinez Sierra's social philosophy: motherhood, marital relationships, relationships between parents and children, and the social even of spain.
- Some constructive ideas in Swift's Gulliver's Travels
This study attempt to find in swift's Gulliver's Travels some constructive ideas which were far in advance of his time. This thesis elaborated on contemporary ideas of education, birth control, and government in order to show how much the present age has thought and written about these subjects, and to throw on this background Swift's thoughts, which are not elaborated.
- Para Determinar un Programa que Mejore la Instrucción del Español Oral en las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Chávez de Nuevo México
This thesis... digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29856/
- The Prose Dramas of Joaquin Dicenta
The purpose of this thesis is to make an intensive survey of the plots, characters, and teachings of Dicenta's prose dramas together with a study of the life and works of Dicenta.
- The Effects of Traditional Report Cards Upon the Grading of students of South Park Elementary School, Beaumont, Texas
In this study, the writer has attempted to judge the effects of different types of report cards upon the accuracy of the teachers' grades of South Park Elementary School. The data used in this study, is located in Beaumont, Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29888/
- Recreational Therapy for Mentally and Emotionally Maladjusted Personalities
This study of recreational therapy was made in order to determine the use of physical education as a therapeutic for the mentally maladjusted student.
- Science and Pseudo-Science in Poe's Works
This study attempts to list subjects in the field of Science, in which Poe had an interest. For the purpose of this study, the writer has divided the field of Science into the following heads: medicine, chemistry, biology, navigation, metrology, astronomy, physics, mathematics, and invention. Pseudo-sciences classified as: psychology, metphysics, phrenolgy, astrology, galvanism, mesmerism, logic reasoning, cryptography, and graphology.
- A Study of the Poetry of Emily Dickinson
This discussion purports to be an original study of the poetry of Emily Dickinson, a study based chiefly on the poems themselves and not on a digest of critical views and opinions.
- A Study of the Phytoplankton Population of Lake Dallas
The limnological investigation of any body of water is undertaken in order to secure more accurate information concerning the factors which play an important role in fish production or sanitation. This study shows the qualitative and quantitative planktonic algae in Lake Dallas, for the year 1937-38.
- To Develop an Evaluating Technique which will have a Definite Relationship to the Declared Principles and Practices of the Speech Curriculum
This purpose of this study is to develop a technique which will serve to evaluate the practices in public speaking in the light of the declared principles.
- Some Factors Associated with Teacher Placement in Texas.
The purpose of this study is to make an analysis of some factors associated with teacher selection in Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29868/
- Methods and Procedures in Directing Extra-Curricular Activities
The purpose of this study is to discover and report the best practices of selecting, organizing, and administering the extra-curricular activitiy program in elementary and secondary schools. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29864/
- A Correlation of the Habitat Factors with the Quantity of Bacterial Colonies as Observed by the Direct Microscopic Method on Twenty Soils of Denton County, Texas
The aim of this study is to determine what factors are most important in controlling the number of bacterial colonies found in twent represntative Denton County (Texas) soils during the growing season.
- An Analysis of Elementary Science Material Included in Certain Courses of Study and Text Books
The purpose of this study is to assess the contribution of elementary science to the curriculum. The finding of the investigation summarized in table
- The Ecology of Chlorohydra Viridissima in a Small Perennial Pond
The purpose of this study is to determine the influence of chemical, physical, and bilogical factors on th seasonal variation in population and on reproduction of Chlorohydra Viridissima (Schulze) in a small pernnial pond. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29863/
- A Comparison of the Eleven Grade School System of Texarkana, Texas and the Twelve Grade School System of Texarkana, Arkansas
The purpose of this study is: 1) To point out some similarities and differences of the two school systems in the twin cities. 2)To determine the comparative readiness of the students finalizing the seventh grade in Texas and those finishing eighth grade in Arkansas to pursue high school work. 3) To make a comparative study of the progress made during the Freshman year in high school by these same students. 4) To determine the difference in achievement of students in the two school systems by making a study of the graduating seniors of the session 1936-1937.
- A Comparative Study of the Old Physical Training and Modern Physical Education to Determine the Status of Physical Activity as an Integral Part of the Modern Education Program
This comparative study of the old physical training and modern physical education was made to determine the status of an original physical activity program as an integral part of modern education. It also discuss digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29862/
- A Comparative Study of the Affiliated and Non-Affiliated Physical Education Programs in the Texas High Schools to Determine the Value of Such Affiliation as a sound Educational Requirement
This study attemts to compare, among other things, the non-affiliated Physical Education program with affiliated program in the Texas High Schools to determine the value of such affiliation as a sound educational requirement. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29861/
- Factors Related to Academic Achievement in a Sunshine Room
The purpose of this study is to determine the relationships between various factors and the academic achievement
of the children in the sunshine Room established at Diamond Hill, Fort Worth, Texas. The factors under consideration are health improvements, behavior ratings obtained from the use of a rating scale and intelligence quotients. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29867/
- An Experimental Study of the Electrodeposition of Lead
This thesis aimed to study some of the general principles underlying electrodeposition together with experimental facts regarding the effects of changing constituents of the plating solutions, variations in hydrogen-ion concentrations, and variation in current density used in the electrodeposition of lead.
- Application of Concentration, Adsorption and pH in the Precipitation of the Metal Ions of Groups II and III
In this thesis, the process involved in the precipitations and separations of the metal of Group II and Group III studied. Suggestions have also been offered whereby students can make an analysis without loosing metals in the initial precepitation.
- A Quantitative Chemical Examination of Surface Well Water from the Three Principal Geological Divisions of Denton County
A sample of the surface-well water was taken from an area of the predominating soil of each of the three geological regions of Denton County, Texas, and a chemical analysis of each sample was made. This thesis deals with the area from which the samples were taken, the methods of analysis used, and the results of the analysis.
- A Yearly Study of the Bacterial Flora of Lake Dallas Water with Special Reference to Sanitation
The purpose of this thesis is to determine the relative numbers of colon bacteria in the water of Lake Dallas.
- The Significance of the School Board in a Public School Relations Program
This study aimed to discover the possibilities of using the board as an agent because of the position of the board numbers in relation to the school and the community. The study provided summary of findings.
- An Analysis of Some of Browning's Major Characters.
This study aimed to show the variety and skill of Browning's portrayal of character and to prove that the unifying forces in his treatment of character is the development of the poet himself. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29841/
- Possible uses of North Texas Plants and Animals in Elementary Science
This thesis aimed to study plants and animals of North Texas which are adaptable for use in elementary science. In this study, 15 groups of plants and animals were selected as representative ones and among other benefits, each group of organisms was examined for its contributions to a limited understanding of bilogical principles.
- The Negro as a Character in Recent American Fiction
This study aimed to assess the character in Recent American fiction. It concludes that writers of Negro literature have been quick to see the effectiveness of the use of Negro religious beliefs and practices in giving reality and substance to their racial pictures. Black men have to live in a white man's world. As a whole, contemporary American fiction gives a panorimic view of Negroes of almost every section. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29840/
- The Development of the Sulphur Industry in Texas.
This thesis aimed to study the historical phase of the sulphur industry in Texas and highlights the critical role of Sulphur in the future economic development of Texas.
- Visitor's Impressions of New Orleans Before 1860
This thesis depicts the growth and history of New Orlens before 1860 as it was seen by vistors from the outside.
- The Effect of Facism on Italian Education
This study attempts to assess the early education system of Italy (from 1870 to 1918) and shows what effect the early features had upon the lives of the Italian children.
- Some Fundamental Properties of Power Series
A study to deduce some fundamental properties of power series. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33230/
- An Evaluation of the Library Service in the Sam Houston School, Corsicana, Texas
This study is the result of an evaluation conducted at the Sam Houston Secondary School library in Corsicana, Texas to determine if the needs of students were being met. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33238/
- A Comparative Study of Commercial and Non-commercial High School Graduates.
No Description digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33234/
- Analysis of Changes in Reading Techniques over a Ten Year Period, 1926 - 1936
This study examines the reading ability of elementary school students in multiple courses in order to determine the need for a change in curriculum. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33239/
- A Study of the Ways in Which the Canadian County Oklahoma Farm Women's Home Demonstration Club Market Members Earned and Used Their Income 1931 - 1938
This study examines the membership of the Canadian County Oklahoma Farm Women's Home Demonstration Club Market and its funding usage between the years 1931 and 1938. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33236/
- An Evaluation of the Activity Program in the First Grade
A study to determine whether an activity program can be carried on under adverse conditions in a first grade classroom. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33233/
- The Development of Nature Study in the Primary Grades Through an Analysis of Available Printed Material
This thesis is the result of an examination of the biological and physical science information content included in late nineteenth and early twentieth century elementary school readers and textbooks. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33246/
- How the Reading Difficulties Are Being Met in Some Fifth Grades of Tarrant County, Texas.
A study to determine the most common reading difficulties in the fifth grade in Tarrant County, Texas, to evaluate the ways they are being met, and to suggest solutions. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33243/
- The Plot Structure in Pio Baroja's Novels
Categories titled simple plots, loose plots, no plots, and parallel plots are used within this thesis to organize and contrast sixteen novels by Spanish author Pio Baroja. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33247/