You limited your search to:
- At The Portal to Texas History
- This video presents The Portal to Texas History collection in the University of North Texas (UNT) Libraries. It shows images from the collections including photographs, maps, newspapers, text documents, and objects.
- Unauthorized Immigration
- This video recording is of the faculty lecture series UNT Speaks Out on Unauthorized Immigration. This series features Dr. Valerie Martinez-Ebers, Dr. David Molina, Dr. Mariela Nuñez-Janes, and Shaun Chapa. Dr. Martinez-Ebers, professor of political science, will provide a demographic profile of the U.S. immigrant population and introduce the various policy options that have been discussed in Congress. Dr. Molina, professor of economics and interim director of UNT's Immigrant Research and Policy Center, will focus on policy and economic impacts of labor. Dr. Nuñez-Janes, professor of anthropology, and Shaun Chapa, graduate student, will discuss undocumented students as a case study. They focus on issues of policy and practices, drawing on the students' experiences to raise questions about cultural citizenship, assimilation as the proxy for legal rights, new forms of racism and educational equity.
- UNT Speaks Out On Coming Home
- This video recording is of the faculty lecture series UNT Speaks Out on Coming Home. This series features presentations by Dr. Shelley Riggs, Dr. Adriel Boals, and Doctoral Student Cindy Hasio. Dr. Shelley Riggs is a professor of psychology, director of the Family Attachment Lab, and is conducting the Student Veteran Research Project at the University of North Texas (UNT). She discusses the family relationships of veterans after deployment. Dr. Adriel Boals is professor of psychology and has a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) to study innovative approaches to understanding and treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other responses to trauma and stress. He discusses what PTSD is and what causes it. Cindy Hasio is a doctoral student in the College of Visual Arts and Design. She discusses methods and findings from a project she participated in related to how veterans narrated their experiences through art. Her component of the study evaluated participants and described what they gained through creating arts and crafts. Stuart Presley, Domingo Rodriguez, and James Rumor are a panel of three student veterans who describe their experiences after deployment.