You limited your search to:
- "The Silicon Dream": Breaking Glass on the Small Screen
- This book chapter discusses the Brian Gibson film "Breaking Glass" and the author's experiences viewing the film and thoughts about the impressions it made.
- The Library Publishing Coalition Project
- This presentation briefing will discuss a recently launched project to create a Library Publishing Coalition (LPC) dedicated to advancing the emerging field of library publishing, defined as the set of activities undertaken by college and university libraries to support the creation and dissemination of scholarly works. The project is hosted by the Educopia Institute, and has been designated in collaboration with a large number of academic libraries. This briefing will review the initiative and several concrete project deliverables.
- Pictures of Charlotte: The Illustrated Charlotte Temple and Her Readers
- In this article, the author examines the contribution of illustrated editions of Susannah Rowson's 1791 novel 'Charlotte Temple' to the novel's curious afterlife. Reprinted in Philadelphia in 1794, 'Charlotte Temple' became the object of a readerly cult that inspired visits to a gravesite in Trinity Churchyard as well as intimate engagements with the material object of the book itself. Through the author's analysis of portraits and tableaux illustrations that appeared in the novel between 1809 and 1905, along with evidence of readers' devotional interactions with the portraits, the author traces the integration of 'Charlotte Temple' into the American national story as one of the best-loved icons of the Revolution.