You limited your search to:
- Administrative Problems of W. C. C. Claiborne, First Anglo-American Governor of Louisiana
This study attempted to depict and portray the problems which confronted W. C. C. Claiborne in his governing of Louisiana. From the time of Lousiana purchased in 1803 until 1812, when the territorial governor and from 1812 until 1816 he served as the first state governor. These problems have been summarized from reading the personal letters of Governor Claiborne written during his term of office. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29878/
- The Analysis and Some of the Factors Associated with High School Transfers in Hill County
The purpose of this study is to make a survey of the thirteen accredited high schools in Hill County to determine some of the factors associated with high school transfers in Hill County, and their results.
- Analysis of Certain Wealth in Texas to Determine Possible Sources of Taxation for Educational Purposes
This study revelaed that the rank of Texas with other state in the United States in the expenditure for schools per pupil is thrty-fifth. It further discussed that there are possible sources of taxation in the properties. However, there is a wide variation that needs to be studied. It further justify that present administrative and legislative trends in searching for new source of taxation makes the problem an important one.
- Analysis of Changes in Reading Techniques over a Ten Year Period, 1926 - 1936
This study examines the reading ability of elementary school students in multiple courses in order to determine the need for a change in curriculum. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33239/
- An Analysis of Elementary Science Material Included in Certain Courses of Study and Text Books
The purpose of this study is to assess the contribution of elementary science to the curriculum. The finding of the investigation summarized in table
- An Analysis of Evaluation Techniques for an Activity Program
This thesis is an examination of the techniques used to evaluate the effectiveness of activities planned by elementary school teachers. The reasoning, functions, and adequacy of evaluation are among the covered topics. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32927/
- An Analysis of Some Factors Associated with Pupil Achievement
The purpose of this study is to determine if any effect upon pupil achievement is shown by four factors: classification of teachers in terms of semester hours, small and large schools, single and married women teachers, men and women teachers.
- An Analysis of Some of Browning's Major Characters.
This study aimed to show the variety and skill of Browning's portrayal of character and to prove that the unifying forces in his treatment of character is the development of the poet himself. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29841/
- An Analysis of the Adequacy of the Health Program in Certain Texas High Schools
This thesis examines the state of Texas high school health programs using federal standards first established seven years previously. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32931/
- An Analysis of the Factors Affecting Consumer Co-operation in the United States
A study of consumer cooperation in the United States relating to education, labor, business, religion, and government. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc31292/
- An Analysis of the Naphtha Cut of Cooke county, Texas, Crude Oil
This study attempted to determine hydrocarbons in the crude oil by comparing the results obtained using the two methods of analysis: chemical analysis and Kurtz-Headington analysis. The Kurtz-Headington analysis was found to be adequate to determine hydrocarbons in the crude oil.
- An Analysis of the Problem of the Insecurity of Children
This study is an attempt to find causes and indications of insecurity in elementary school children. Possible solutions and ways to increase security are also explored. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32957/
- An Analysis of Twelve Courses of Study in Physical Education for Junior and Senior High School Boys
The purpose of this study was to analyze twelve courses of study in physical education for boys in junior and senior high schools. Based on the analysis and the evidence presented, the study substantiated the lack of uniformity of the essential phases of the physical education program. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29827/
- Application of Concentration, Adsorption and pH in the Precipitation of the Metal Ions of Groups II and III
In this thesis, the process involved in the precipitations and separations of the metal of Group II and Group III studied. Suggestions have also been offered whereby students can make an analysis without loosing metals in the initial precepitation.
- An Attempt to Produce a High Octane Gasoline from C4 Hydrocarbons
This thesis presents the results of an experiment conducted to discover if selenic acid or monazite sand are possible catalysts that can be used for the alkylation of isobutane and isobutene. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32928/
- Bacterial Survey of Representative Denton County Wells with Special Reference to Sanitation
This thesis aimed to study the seventy-two representative wells of Denton County and to determine the possibilities of infection with typhoid organism. The sanitary survey and the test for Colon-Aerogenes bacteria show that 55% of the 72 wells studied are unsanitary, 27% are sanitary, and 18% are doubtful.
- Can the Administration of the Common Schools of District Four be Improved Under the Present "Set-Up"
This study focused on determining whether the adminstration of the common schools of District Four in Texas can be made to function more effectively without changing the external structure of the administrative organization and to determine whether the administrative duties are being performed in a fairly uniform manner.
- The Certification of Teachers in Texas
This study examines the developmental history of teacher's certifications in Texas as a means to highlight needed improvements. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32959/
- Character Development in the Quintero Brothers' Plays
The purpose of this study is to determine the importance of characterization in the Quinteros in developing their characters into figures possessing human qualities which give them charm and reality. In nine of the twenty plays studied, the characters are used in emphasizing other elements such as love and atmosphere, or to prove a thesis. However, the importance of characterization is shown by the fact that eleven of the plays are concerned with the character development.
- Characterization in the Plays of Robert Greene
This study attempted to classify the characters in Greene's dramas and among other things, the study tried to show which characters are individuals and which are types.
- A Chemical Analysis of the Important Soils of Dimmit County, Texas
The purpose of this study is to collect sample soils from uncontaminated horizon (by digging completely through the soil profile or strata) and provide a chemical analysis of the important soils of Dimmit county, Texas.
- A Chemical Analysis of the Soils of Denton County, Texas
The purpose of this study was to analyze the different soils in Denton, Texas. For the purpose of this study, the soils of Denton County are divided into three general groups with respect to origin: 1)those formed in place by the weathering of consolidated rocks, 2) those formed from the weathering of unconsolidated rocks, and 3) alluvial soils. A chemical analysis of representative samples of Bell Clay, Kirvin fine sandy loam, and San Saba clay has been made, and shown to have a strict correlation with their respective geological origins. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29839/
- A Chemical Analysis of Yellow Dent Corn
This study examines history, climate, and distribution in relation to the chemical content of yellow dent corn. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33248/
- A Chemical Investigation of Lake Dallas to Determine the Factors Influencing Plankton Growth.
A study to determine the organic content of Lake Dallas, and study the influence on plankton growth. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33240/
- Chlorosulfonic Acid Reactions with Saturated Hydrocarbons
This thesis examines the reactions of hydrocarbons exposed to chlorosulfonic acid in order to establish the reaction rate and associated molecular structure of each compound. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32929/
- The Commercial Offerings and the Requirements for a Major at Seventy - One Institutions which Hold Membership in the American Association of Teachers Colleges
The aim of this study is to discover how many of the examined seventy-one places of higher education offer undergraduate commerce courses. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32935/
- A Comparative Investigation of the Water of Lake Bridgeport with Reference to Plant and Animal Life
The investigation of the waters of Lake Bridgeport is to obtain data essential for a satisfactory understanding of the physical and chemical factors on the aquatic life. These factors detremine the kinds of food available for life there.
- A Comparative Quantitative Study of the Common Elements Found in the Hackenberry
This comparative study attempts to determine the importance of soil fertility in determining how much of an element a plant absorbs. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32924/
- A Comparative Quantitative Study of the Common Elements Found in the Post Oak and Willow
This thesis explores the chemical contents of post oak and willow trees. Samples of each tree are compared to determine the amount of sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, silicon, iron, aluminum, calcium, magnesium, and manganese in them. Results indicated usefulness of each tree to humans. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33245/
- A Comparative Study of Commercial and Non-commercial High School Graduates.
No Description digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc33234/
- A Comparative Study of Errors in Chemistry and English Found in Examination Papers of Freshman Chemistry
This study attempts to discover what types of errors are commonly made by students in freshman chemistry classes. It considers the errors resulting from the students' lack of knowledge of the subject taught, and errors attributed to their failure to use correct English in their expression of ideas.
- A Comparative Study of the Affiliated and Non-Affiliated Physical Education Programs in the Texas High Schools to Determine the Value of Such Affiliation as a sound Educational Requirement
This study attemts to compare, among other things, the non-affiliated Physical Education program with affiliated program in the Texas High Schools to determine the value of such affiliation as a sound educational requirement. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29861/
- A Comparative Study of the Annual Instructional Pupil-Subject Cost in Five Class A High Schoolswith the Standard Cost Over the State, Together with an Attempt to Determine the Factors that Affect Pupil-Subject Cost
The subject of this study is the comparison of the annual instructional pupil-subject cost in five class a high schools and a determination of the factors in each schools which affects its instructional cost, and finally, an attempt to set up criterion for determining the annual
pupil-subject instructional cost in a high school in a city of from 5,000 to 25,000 population.
- A Comparative Study of the Bottom Fauna of four Texas Lakes
This thesis attempted to study the bottom productivity both qualitatively and quantitatively with reference to the distribution of bonthos. The study of the bottom fauna in large reservior lakes is a relatively new field. This work will give more information on an unknown field than previously existed, although its scope is not intend to be exhaustive.
- A Comparative Study of the Educational Achievement of Two Groups of Seventh Grade Students Matched on the Basis of Intelligence Quotient, One Group from Independent School Districts, the Other from Common School Districts in Young County, Texas
This study is the result of testing conducted on seventh grade students to determine the influence of environment on academic achievement. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32939/
- A Comparative Study of the Old Physical Training and Modern Physical Education to Determine the Status of Physical Activity as an Integral Part of the Modern Education Program
This comparative study of the old physical training and modern physical education was made to determine the status of an original physical activity program as an integral part of modern education. It also discuss digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29862/
- A Comparison of the Cost of Operating Contracted and District - Owned School Buses in District Four, Texas
This study compares and contrasts operational expenses of district-owned to privately owned school bus services operated in Wichita, Clay, Montague, Jack, Wilbarger, Throckmorton, Baylor, Palo Pinto, Young, and Archer counties within the state of Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32944/
- A Comparison of the Eleven Grade School System of Texarkana, Texas and the Twelve Grade School System of Texarkana, Arkansas
The purpose of this study is: 1) To point out some similarities and differences of the two school systems in the twin cities. 2)To determine the comparative readiness of the students finalizing the seventh grade in Texas and those finishing eighth grade in Arkansas to pursue high school work. 3) To make a comparative study of the progress made during the Freshman year in high school by these same students. 4) To determine the difference in achievement of students in the two school systems by making a study of the graduating seniors of the session 1936-1937.
- A Complete Chemical Analysis of Samples Taken from the Three Artesian Waters of Denton County
The purpose of this study was to determine the chemical content of Denton County's (Texas) water. Based on the analysis of the three samples, the water of Denton County is classed as poor for irrigation. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29825/
- The Conflicts in the American Labor Movement During the 1929 to 1939 Depression Period
This thesis is an examination of organized labor in the United States during the 1930s. Activities of the American Federation of Labor, Industrial Workers of the World, and Congress of Industrial Workers during the decade are compared and contrasted throughout. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32943/
- Correlation of Humus and Water Content on Saba Clay, Denton, Texas
This study is an attempt to determine the relationship between humus and the water found in it and how both effect soil in Denton county, Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32922/
- A Correlation of Humus with Water Content and Crop Rotation in San Saba and Denton Clays, Denton County, Texas
A study of the humus content and the water content of San Saba clay and Denton clay. Studies show that the physical properties of soil are conducive to moisture retention and the availability of moisture to plants. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc31302/
- A correlation of the Edaphic Factors with the Vegetation of the Woodbine sands, Denton County, Texas
The purpose of this study was to correlate the Vegetation of the Woodbine Sands with the edaphic factors. In the laboratory an analysis of the edephic factors was made of the twenty-two soil types collected from the three formations. The results of these and other analysis are shown in tables and graphs. The results indicate that the vegetational cover of an area that is uniform in its origin and in its resident soil factors is determined by the edaphic factors present. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29830/
- A Correlation of the Habitat Factors with the Quantity of Bacterial Colonies as Observed by the Direct Microscopic Method on Twenty Soils of Denton County, Texas
The aim of this study is to determine what factors are most important in controlling the number of bacterial colonies found in twent represntative Denton County (Texas) soils during the growing season.
- A Critical Analysis of the Secondary Education Program at Whitewright, Texas
This thesis examines efficiency levels of the secondary school in Whitewright, Texas in order to determine the need for change in curriculum or focus. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32947/
- Determination of Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium in Various Plants
This study attempted to form some conception, through the analysis of a representative group of plants in the vicinity of Denton, of the amount of the three essential elements in the leaves as compared with the amount in the woody portions. The comparison of leaf with stem as to the quantity of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium is explained.
- The Determination of the Adequacy of Facilities for Carrying on a Given Physical Education Program
The purpose of this study is to determine what facilities are necessary to cary out the approved and adopted program of physical education in the public school of Denton, Texas.
- The Determination of the Constants in the System of Methyl Alcohol, Formic Acid, Methyl Formate and Water
Problems presented in this paper concern the chemical equilibrium of methyl alcohol, formic acid, and methyl formate when combined. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc31301/
- Determining Student Reaction To A Modified Activity Program In The Detroit Texas School
The purpose of this study is to determine some reaction of students from grades five through eleven of the Detroit, Texas Public School to a modified activity program. The sources of the data were educational literature, a questionaire that was adminstered to the group,and results secured from the use of the New Stanford Achievement Test. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc29837/
- Determining the Functional Health of a Health Education Course for Sixth - Grade Pupils in the DeQueen School in Port Arthur, Texas
This thesis is an examination of the material covered by a sixth - grade health education course and indicates areas requiring improvement. Data for the thesis came from DeQueen Elementary School in Port Arthur, Texas. digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc32937/