You limited your search to:
- An Analysis and Comparison of the Critical Works of Virgil Thomson and Olin Downes
- A study of the critical work of Virgil Thomson, critic for the New York Herald Tribune and of Olin Downes, music critic for the New York Times, will perhaps give a better understanding of how different emphasis on purposes may influence critical work. Each man wrote brief, journalistic reviews. They attended many of the same concerts; yet, their critical judgments differed in many respects.
- Devices for Teaching Creative Music in the Elementary Grades
- The purpose of the creative approach in music education is to furnish the child with opportunities for originality of expression and for freedom and adventure. This thesis examines the goals and purposes of using creativity in music eduction.
- A Dramatic and Musical Analysis of the Character, Isolde, Derived from Both the Legend and Richard Wagner's Opera, Tristan and Isolde
- This paper attempts to give a complete musical and dramatic analysis of the character of Isolde, from both the legend and Richard Wagner's opera, Tristan and Isolde, by first comparing the events as related in the two principal sources of the legend and then by an examination of Wagner's version of the story.
- A Teaching Guide for Adult Beginner Piano Study
- This teaching guide for adult piano study has been designed to be used with many of the methods which already exist, and to serve as a guide for the teacher who failed to keep abreast with the progress of modern piano study.