You limited your search to:
- Appropriate Technologies for Water Supply and Sanitation in Arid Areas: Workshop : Summary Report
- The main purpose of the meeting was to review progress in the development of technologies for making optimum use of limited water resources or using conditions of drought and solar radiation to disinfect ferment-able wastes and destroy microorganisms contained in them.
- The Collected Letters of W. B. Yeats
Access: Use of this item is restricted to the UNT Community.
The InteLex electronic edition of The Collected Letters of W. B. Yeats contains, complete, the three volumes of The Collected Letters which have appeared in print. In addition, the collection includes all of the letters from the remaining eleven (unpublished) volumes, with dating information (so far as this is known), but lacking the full annotation for which the printed volumes are justly famous. Scholars will therefore have immediate access to the primary texts of the complete edition even while the final editing and annotation for the greater part of it remains in progress. A total of 7,378 new letters are featured in the database. Of these, 88 are newly discovered letters belonging to the 1865-1904 period covered by the three published volumes. The remaining 7,290 letters belong to the 1905-1939 period which will be published in print and with full annotation in future volumes of the edition. Particular note should be made of the fact that the unannotated letters have not received final vetting (which will occur only as they are annotated prior to print publication) and are therefore published here in beta form. Some errors of transcription and of dating may therefore remain within this beta group of letters (although many seemingly obvious errors are in fact Yeats' own sometimes bizarre spelling).
- Environmental Protection Law of the People's Republic of China
- This law is established for the purpose of protecting and improving public health and environmental ecology, preventing and controlling pollution and other public hazards, safeguarding human health, and facilitating the development of socialist modernization in China.
- Eutrophication of Lakes and Reservoirs in Warm Climates
- Gold Climate Solid Wastes Management Guidelines
- In 1982, the Regional Office for Europe of the World Health Organization initiated a collection of material for a "Guideline to the design of cold-climate water and waste-water facilities", As a part of the International Water Decade a draft was produced, and it soon became evident that a full description of basic health problems in cold environments should also include the handling of garbage.
- Grassland Law of the People's Republic of China
- This Law is established in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the People's Republic of China with a view to improving the protection, management and development of grasslands and ensuring their rational use; protecting and improving the ecology; modernizing animal husbandry; enhancing the prosperity of local economies of the national autonomous areas; and meeting the needs of socialism and people's livelihoods. The law was adopted at the 11th Meeting of the Standing Committee of the Sixth National People's Congress and promulgated by Order No. 26 of the President of the People's Republic of China on June 18, 1985, and effective as of October 1, 1985
- Law of the People's Republic of China on Prevention and Control of Water Pollution
- This Law is formulated for the purpose of preventing and controlling water pollution, protecting and improving the environment, safeguarding human health, ensuring the effective use of water resources and facilitating the development of socialist modernization.
- Nuclear Waste Policy Act
- The Nuclear Waste Policy Act (NWPA) supports the use of deep geologic repositories for the safe storage and/or disposal of radioactive waste. The Act establishes procedures to evaluate and select sites for geologic repositories and for the interaction of state and federal governments. It also provides a timetable of key milestones the federal agencies must meet in carrying out the program. The NWPA assigns the Department of Energy (DOE) the responsibility to site, build, and operate a deep geologic repository for the disposal of high-level waste and spent nuclear fuel. It directs EPA to develop standards for protection of the general environment from offsite releases of radioactive material in repositories. The Act directs the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to license DOE to operate a repository only if it meets EPA's standards and all other relevant requirements.
- Our Changing Planet: A U.S. Strategy for Global Change Research. A Report by the Committee on Earth Science to Accompany the President's Fiscal Year 1990 Budget.
- This report by the Committee on Earth Sciences presents an initial strategy for a comprehensive, long-term U.S. Global Change Research Program. The report is to Accompany the U.S. President's Fiscal Year 1990 Budget.
- Report of the First Session of the WMO/UNEP Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- The first session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was held in Geneva, Switzerland, from 9 to 11 November 1988. The Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change (IPCC) is the leading body for the assessment of climate change, established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to provide the world with a clear scientific view on the current state of climate change and its potential environmental and socio-economic consequences.
- Report of the Second Session of the WMO/UNEP Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- The Panel at its second session stressed the complexity of the climate change and related issues, such that a fine balance would have to be struck between available scientific evidence for climate change and the uncertainties in that knowledge base. The structure of the report was examined and approved. Panel also The panel also discussed on the first session if the IPCC Bureau and adopted various draft reports.