You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 241st week of the war, 123rd week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Eastern front; Italy; air war; Southeast Asia; Pacific. Maps: Communications centers hit in the Balkans; Crimea. Includes 7 photographs. Back: Smoke. Description of 4 ways to produce smoke for combat purposes. 1 illustration. 9 photographs.
- Newsmap. Monday, August 9, 1943 : week of July 29 to August 5, 204th week of the war, 86th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Italy, Sicily, Rumania, Russia, Germany, Burma-China, Southwest Pacific. Map: Strategic air distances across the Mediterranean./ Relief shown by hachures. Photographs: Army engineers work in the Aluetians; A Tommy reads "Soldier's guide to Sicily"; Royal Artillery Detachment stationed north of Syracuse, Sicily examines damage done by Italians to a mobile anti-aircraft train; Nazis surrender to U.S. Infantrymen near Carlentini; Junkers-290 transport shot down by an RAF Marauder near the coast of Bastia, Corsica; U.S. Marines push a generator into position near Munda; Japanese interpreters of the U.S. Army decipher papers found on a wounded Japanese officer; A winch pulls a mud-splattered jeep free on Rendova; 155mm rifle sends rounds into Munda from Rendova Island. Back: [text and ill.]: The long, tough fight ahead : beyond sunny Italy!/ Back text includes quote from the President of the United States, July 28, 1943: "I confess that I myself am sometimes bewildered by conflicting statements that I see in the press ..."
- Newsmap. Monday, August 23, 1943 : week of August 12 to August 19, 206th week of the war, 88th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text desribes action on various war fronts: Air offensive, Sicily, Russia, New Guinea, New Georgia, Borneo, Kuril Is., Pacific. Maps show military activities throughout Europe and the Solomon Islands during the week. Includes photographs: the raid on oil refineries in the Ploesti area of Rumania; Looking Southeast from Salamaua. Back: China's army is a seasoned military team. Illustration of Chinese soldiers with text describing historical and cultural points. English - Chinese translation of common phrases used by soldiers.
- Newsmap. Monday, June 22, 1942 : week of June 12 to June 19
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Includes inset maps: Strategic distances in the North Pacific ; Attu Island ; the Rat Island group ; Jap drives [in China]. Photographs: Jungle fighting; Battle of Carriers; Planes that hit the enemy; Swimming through flames; Tomahawk takes it. Back: "These are some of the weapons which checked Hitler's armies." Includes photographs: Moving in column to the attack -- Armored train alert -- Light armored cars -- Anti-aircraft alarm -- Ready to fire -- Formation to the front -- Anti-aircraft machine gun -- Woods used for cover -- Mortar ready to fire -- Amphibian tanks on land... -- Horse-drawn anti-tank gun -- ... and on the sea.