You limited your search to:
- The Process of Harvesting Lightning as Electrical Energy
- This poster discusses research on the process of harvesting lightning as electrical energy. The findings of the author's literature review show that worldwide research is being conducted on how to harness the energy from lightning strikes. The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers recently presented a paper during the Power Electronics Conference 2010 which examines a Malaysian College where researchers have begun a small scale study of lightning energy, and have found a way to successfully absorb the electrical potential energy from the lightning. This group focuses on the problems with lightning that makes it difficult to absorb or gather the energy. Lightning is extremely dangerous and further investigation shows that our understanding of it is not 100% assured. This issue and the absorption issue that the Malaysian college researchers identified are major hurdles for research on the use of lightning as a source of electrical energy.
- Transitioning Coal-fired Power Plants into Combined Solar and Wind Energy Power Plants
- This poster discusses research on transitioning coal-fired power plants into combined solar and wind energy power plants. Using a combination of solar power during the day and wind energy at night, the author is attempting to eliminate coal from society's energy equation by transforming coal-fired power plants into renewable energy based power plants. The power output of the plant before and after this transformation will be examined using a combination of data analysis and evaluation of a case study performed on an actual power plant. The effect of this transformation on the revenue stream of the power plant will also be reviewed to determine if this project would be beneficial to power companies. Many researchers have already begun looking for ways to make coal-fired plants more environmentally friendly via an implementation of wind or solar energy alongside the traditional coal-fired design. An assessment of their different approaches has provided a foundation from which the author has established the author's own designs.
- Critical Success Factors in Business Research and Development Practices
- This poster discusses research on critical success factors in business research and development practices. Different planning processes have different impacts on project success that can be seen when examining the results of a project. By gathering data from other researchers, compiling the results and methods, and analyzing the factors that have produced successful products, a clear understanding should be gained of what is needed for researchers to increase the productivity of research and development projects in a business setting.