You limited your search to:
- Word Sense Disambiguation based on Semantic Density
- Abstract: This paper presents a Word Sense Disambiguation method based on the idea of semantic density between words. The disambiguation is done in the context of WordNet. The Internet is used as a raw corpora to provide statistical information for word associations. A metric is introduced and used to measure the semantic density and to rank all possible combinations of the senses of two words. This method provides a precision of 58% in indicating the correct sense for both words at the same time. The precision increases as we consider more choices: 70% for top two ranked and 73% for top three ranked.
- A WordNet-Based Interface to Internet Search Engines
- This paper discusses a WordNet-based interface to Internet search engines. A vast amount of information is available on the Internet, and naturally, many information gathering tools have been developed. Several search engines with different characteristics, such as Alta Vista, Lycos, Infoseek, and others are available. However, the web information retrieval technology is still in its infancy, and there is need for considerable improvement. Some inherent difficulties are: (1) the web information is diverse and highly unstructured, (2) the size of information is large and it grows at an exponential rate, and (3) the current search engine technology is still rudimentary. While the first two issues are more profound and require long term solutions, it may be possible to develop software around the search engines to improve the quality of the information retrieved. In this paper the authors present a natural language interface system to a search engine and discuss some of the results obtained.
- CCAP: A Strategic Tool for Managing Capacity of CDMA Networks
- This presentation discusses CCAP, a strategic tool for managing capacity of CDMA networks. CCAP is a graphical interactive tool for CDMA that calculates the coverage area, call capacity of a CDMA network, and subscriber network performance to optimize capacity.