You limited your search to:
- Крестьянский Союз в 1920-е годы и формирование крестьянской идентичности: модернизационный дискурс: The Peasant Union in the 1920s. The Formation of a Peasant Identity: Modernizing Discourse
- Book chapter discussing the Peasant Union in the 1920s, the formation of a peasant identity, and modernizing discourse.
- Biocultural conservation in Cape Horn: the Magellanic woodpecker as a charismatic species
- This book chapter discusses a research project to promote biocultural conservation in Cape Horn, Chile. In an effort to achieve the goal of transdisciplinary integration, the authors used the strategy of identifying a charismatic species, since doing so serves to motivate people towards biodiversity conservation, to communicate ecological concepts, and to integrate both the ecological and social dimensions of sustainability.
- Considering the Impact of the WPA Outcomes Statement on Second Language Writers
- Book chapter on considerations on the impact of the Council of Writing Program Administrators (WPA) Outcomes Statement (OS) on second language writers. This chapter examines the extent to which the WPA OS reflects (or does not reflect) the presence and needs of second language writers.
- Dear Facebook
Access: Use of this item is restricted to the UNT Community.
This book chapter is written in the form of a break-up letter from the author to the social networking website, Facebook. It discusses social networking, technological changes, urbanization, globalization, media technology, and philosophical ideas about society.
- How to Hook a Hottie: Teenage Boys, Hegemonic Masculinity, and Cosmo Girl! Magazine
- This book chapter discusses different media texts targeted at a different audience, magazines written for an audience of teenaged girls, which also work to naturalize male sexuality as aggressive and predatory. The authors study advice columns and articles in these magazines that depict teenaged boys as sexually forceful and emotionally stunted, and that encourage girl readers to expect and enable such behaviors.
- Introduction to the Law and the American Legal System
- This book chapter offers an introduction to the law and the American legal system.
- Media and Communication
- This book chapter discusses media and communication. As core features of humanity, communication and media clearly predate academic disciplines. They are in this sense non-disciplinary. Yet, they have for centuries been the subject of inquiry by those concerned to understand and improve human correspondence. This chapter surveys the historical development and present form of multi-, inter-, and transdisciplinary studies of media and communication.
- Monolignol Biosynthesis and its Genetic Manipulation: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Book chapter manuscript on monolignol biosynthesis and its genetic manipulation.
- Neural Dynamics: Criticality, Cooperation, Avalanches and Entrainment between Complex Networks
- Book chapter discussing neural dynamics and the criticality, cooperation, avalanches and entrainment between complex networks.
- Prediction of Partition Coeffecients and Permeability of Drug Molecules in Biological Systems with Abraham Model Solute Descriptors Derived from Measured Solubilities and Water-to-Organic Solvent Partition Coefficients
- Book chapter on the prediction of partition coefficients and permeability of drug molecules in biological systems with Abraham model solute descriptors derived from measured solubilities and water-to-organic solvent partition coefficients.
- Prediction of Toxicity, Sensory Responses and Biological Responses with the Abraham Model
- This book chapter discusses the prediction of toxicity, sensory responses and biological responses with the Abraham model.
- Selection of Ionic Liquid Solvents for Chemical Separations Based on the Abraham Model
- Book chapter on the selection of ionic liquid solvents for chemical separations based on the Abraham model.
- Vanillin Biosynthesis - Not as Simple as it Seem?
- Book chapter on vanillin biosynthesis. The author gives an introduction to vanillin biosynthesis, the multiple pathways to vanillin, and the way forward.