Date: July 1, 1926
Description: The D.H. 66, constructed at Stag Lane Works of the De Haviland Aircraft Company built for Imperial Airways, Ltd. The fuselage has an all steel construction while the wings are made with box spars of wood and spruce ribs. It has a biplane tail and encloses the stabilizer trimming gear in a casing which serves to streamline the rear portion of the fuselage, but which is not part of the main structure. It weighs 9060 lbs. empty and 2500 lbs. after fueling with a total loaded weight of 14,700 lbs.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries Government Documents Department