You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 264th week of the war, 146th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France, Eastern front, China, Pacific, Italy. Maps: Eastern Europe; France; China front; Gulf of Genoa. Back: "If each of us wastes a pound of war material..." Text and illustration show that it isn't just money, materials or manpower that are lost. But, waste can lose battles and cost lives.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 251st week of the war, 133rd week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France, Eastern front, Italy, Air war, Southeast Asia, China, Saipan, Pacific, Southwest Pacific. Maps: Finland, North Burma, France, Eastern front. Back: Text and color illustrations explain the importance of teamwork, preparation, and support in combined or amphibious operations.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 234th week of the war, 116th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Western Europe, USSR, Finland, Italy, Southwest Pacific, Central Pacific, Burma. Maps show Current battle lines along Russian border and Rumania, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland ; Central Italy. Includes photographs: Dauga Airfield after 5th Air Force B-25 medium bombers leave Japanese planes destroyed. Japanese captured by U.S. Coast Guardsmen off Kwajalein. Lt. Eugune R. Hanks of Gibbs, Idaho in his Grumman Hellcat fighter. U.S. tank officer explains the target to Gen. Eishenhower while Air Marshall Tedder watches. Gliders built in England for the Allied Forces. U.S. combat cars await dispatch on a field in the English countryside. Field Marshall Rommel inspects Nazi fortifications. British soldiers near the Garigliano River. Three "Yanks" at the Anzio beachhead. Mortar crew of the 36th division below Cassino. American paratroopers capture Nazi snipers. Pvt. Robert Steinmetz of Pittsburgh with a mule he rescued from an Italian farm. Composite aerial view of Italian coast including Anzio and Nettuno. Back: Luftwaffe (German Air Force) uniforms. Text and illustrations of Flying Suits, Miscellaneous Uniforms, Parachutist Uniforms, Continental Uniforms.