You limited your search to:
- Newsmap. Monday, May 4, 1942 : week of April 24 to May 1
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Japs advance to Lashio -- Allies raid Lae -- Japs attack in China -- Malta sends greetings -- Hitler in Detroit from Moscow -- Yanks in New Caledonia -- Gen. George killed -- Fourth registration -- President calls nation to new sacrifice -- Price control fixed -- Rescued crew hits sub -- U.S. movies bootlegged -- Home worries Hitler -- Eastern seaboard put under Army safeguard -- RAF 'second front' opens -- Malta stiffens fight -- Greek guerillas active -- Red commandos strike Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset map shows areas of heaviest rainfall around the Bay of Bengal. Photographs: Fortresses roamed from Australia -- Maj. Gen. Patch Jr. -- Brig. Gen. Harold H. George -- Ways will be found to deliver the planes -- The gun crew got the range -- Lt. Gen. Drum -- Germans reported Red armoured trains -- Training of U.S. Army glider pilots.
- Newsmap. Monday, May 11, 1942 : week of May 1 to May 8
- Text describes action on various war fronts: Navy announces victory -- End for Corregidor -- Rationing moves closer -- Japs push into China -- Marblehead limps in -- Stark for new fronts -- Iceland has its first air fight -- Army of 6,000,000 -- Launch four destroyers -- Anti-Axis move in Spain -- Army camps inspected -- Germans strike convoy -- Malta downs 154 planes -- Madagascar tip seized -- U.S. aids Middle East -- Nazi drive predicted -- RAF attacks roar on. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps: Corregidor -- Madagascar. Includes photographs: Lt. Gen. Wainwright -- Maj. Gen. Brereton -- Navy raid on Marshall Islands in February -- Under Sec. Patterson -- Kearney destroyer -- Bombs being readied for planes -- Four-engined bomber flying somewhere in Europe -- Cavalry regiment changes mounts to speedy steel.
- Newsmap. Monday, October 19, 1942 : week of October 9 to October 16
- Front: Text describes action on various fronts: Solomons, New Hebrides, New Guinea, Aleutians, Far Eastern waters, Russia, Mediterranean, Western Europe. Large world map is keyed to text and illustrates time zones around the world. Inset maps show Guadalcanal Island, Tulagi; Russian front. Includes photographs: Alaska road in use by December (construction of the Alaska Defense Highway); Zero fighter; in the Solomons; German mobile gun; Insect protection. Back: Airborne Command. 12 photographs with descriptive text and explanation of the role of airborne troops.