You limited your search to:
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- Kew-Eliasch Review Consultation: Report to the Office of Climate Change
- This paper discusses the research tools used to create baseline data for carbon offset mechanisms. The paper explains vegetation survey methodologies with examples of their application in a variety of contexts. These range from rapid studies using remote sensing imagery, to full multiphase survey methods. The paper gives specific examples of how these methods are used to monitor deforestation and forest regeneration.
- Our Planet, Special Edition : Agriculture, and Economic Development
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue is devoted to agriculture, particularly in developing countries. Traditional methods of agricultural intensification can degrade sanitation and public health, while increasing carbon emissions.