You limited your search to:
- An Overview of the "Patent Trolls" Debate
- This report reviews the current debate and controversy surrounding "patent assertion entities" (PAEs) and their effect on innovation, examines the reasons for the rise in PAE litigation, and explores the legislative options available to Congress if it decides that these are issues that should be addressed.
- Online Copyright Infringement and Counterfeiting: Legislation in the 112th Congress
- The global nature of the Internet offers expanded commercial opportunities for intellectual property (IP) rights holders but also increases the potential for copyright and trademark infringement. This report discusses the following recent draconian legislation in regard to this topic: the Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (PROTECT IP Act); the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA); and the Online Protection and Enforcement of Digital Trade Act (OPEN Act).
- The Bayh-Dole Act: Selected Issues in Patent Policy and the Commercialization of Technology
- Report that discusses the rationale behind the passage of P.L. 96-517, its provisions, and implementation of the law.
- Mayo v. Prometheus: Implications for Patents, Biotechnology, and Personalized Medicine
- Report that reviews the Supreme Court's 2012 Mayo Collaborative Services v. Prometheus Laboratories decision (wherein the court held that a patent claiming a method of optimizing therapies for autoimmune disease was invalid) and briefly consider its implications for innovation and public health.